Saturday, October 5, 2019

Jalore District


Jalore District at a Glance
General
·                     District:                        Jalore
·                     Headquarters:             Jalore
·                     State:                           Rajasthan
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
·                     Total:                           10640
·                     Rural:                          10583
·                     Urban:                         57
Population (Census 2011)
·                     Population:                  1828730
·                     Rural:                          1676975
·                     Urban:                         151755
·                     Male:                           936634
·                     Female:                       892096
·                     Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males):            952
·                     Density (Total, Persons per sq km):               172
Constituencies (ECI)
·                     Assembly:       5
·                     Lok Sabha:      1

Jalore District is a district of Rajasthan state in western India. The city of Jalore is the administrative headquarters of the district. The district has an area of 10,640 km2 (4,108 sq mi) (3.11 percent of Rajasthan's area), and a population of 1,448,486 (2001 census).
The district is bounded on the northwest by Barmer District, on the northeast by Pali District, on the southeast by Sirohi District, and by Banaskantha District of Gujarat state on the southwest. The total area of the district is 10,640 km2 (4,108 sq mi).

  

PLACES OF INTEREST


JALORE FORT
Birds Eye View Of Jalore Fort


Inside Jalore Fort


Jalore Fort
Jalore Fort is the main attraction of Jalore. It is a town in the Indian state of Rajasthan which is one of the nine castles of the Maru, under the Paramaras in the 10th century. It is one of the most famous and impressive forts in the state and has been known through history as the Sonagir or the ‘golden mount’.
The precise year of its construction is not known; however it is believed to be built between the 8th and 10th centuries. Jalore fort is perched atop a steep hill. It commands a view of the town from rocky outcrop 336m high, fortified with a wall and bastions with cannons mounted upon them.


Inside view of Jalore fort

The fort has four gigantic gates however it is approachable only from one side, after a two-mile long serpentine ascent. The approach to the fort is from the north, up a steep, slippery road through three rows of fortification to a single rampart wall 6.1m high. It takes an hour to climb up. The fort is built on the lines of traditional Hindu architecture.

SUNDHA MATA
Sundha Mata Temple Entrance

Rope Way to Sundha Mata



Sundha Mata Main Temple
Full View of Sundha Mata Temple Complex

Sundha Mata temple is about 900 years old temple of Mother goddess situated on a hilltop called 'Sundha'. At 1220 m height in the Aravalli ranges atop the Sundha Mountain is a temple of goddesses Chamunda Devi, a very sacred place for devotees. 

There is a wildlife sanctuary nearby covering an area of 107 Sq. Km. near to KHODESHWAR MAHADEV in JAWIYA forest area which is also a wonderful wild life & natural spot. In the sanctuary. Sloth Bear, Blue-Bull, Jungle Cat, Desert Fox, Striped Hyena, Hanuman Langur, Vulture, owl, Indian porcupine, rock & jungle Bush Quail & Spotted dove and 120 species of birds can be spotted.

72 JINALAYA

72 domes of the Jinalaya

Shri Laxmi Vallabh Parshwanath 72 Jinalaya spread across 80 acres of land. The pilgrimage is built almost 6 kms away from Bhinmal town in Jalore district.

Bhinmal was earlier known as Shrimal Nagar (or Bhillamal), which was an early capital of the Kingdom of Gurjars. There are evidences found which indicate that Lord Mahavir Swami, the 24th Tirthankar had lived in these places. That’s the reason Bhinmal is a very holy place for Jainism.
The complex offers pilgrimage as well as temporary charitable rest houses to travellers. It is built completely in marble and presents a magnificent view.

TOPEKHANA




In the middle of Jalore Town, remnants of a Sanskrit school and a shrine of King Bhoj who was a scholar of Sanskrit are found. King Bhoj was known for building a number of schools in Dhar, Ajmer and Jalore. During the pre-independence period, artilleries were kept in these school buildings and it was known as "Topekhana".


After independence, the supply officers transformed it into storage for food grains. This building is now under the state’s archaeological department and is guarded by security personnel. This school is adorned with stone carvings, which is a major attraction of this site. It is flanked on both sides with small temples, which are no longer in use and have no idols present. The most interesting feature of Topkhana is a room, built 10 ft above the ground with stairs leading to it. It might be considered as the seat of the headmaster or teacher. This school building is supported by 276 pillars. There is a temple on the left side of the main gate of the school that might have housed an idol or a Shiva Linga, in the past.

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Jhalawar District


Jhalawar District at a Glance
General
·                     District:                        Jhalawar
·                     Headquarters:             Jhalawar
·                     State:                           Rajasthan
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011) 
·                     Total:                           6219
·                     Rural:                          6109
·                     Urban:                         110
Population (Census 2011) 
·                     Population;                  1411129
·                     Rural:                          1181838
·                     Urban:                         229291
·                     Male:                           725143
·                     Female:                       685986
·                     Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males):            946
·                     Density (Total, Persons per sq km):               227
Constituencies (ECI) 
·                     Assembly:       4
·                     Lok Sabha:      1

Jhalawar district is one of the 33 districts of Rajasthan state in western India. The district is bound on the northwest by Kota district, on the northeast by Baran district, on the east by Guna district of Madhya Pradesh state, on the south by Rajgarh and Shajapur districts of Madhya Pradesh state and on the west by Ratlam, Mandsaur and Nimach districts of Madhya Pradesh state. The district occupies an area of 6928 km². The district is part of Kota division. The historical city of Jhalawar is the administrative headquarters of the district.



PLACES OF INTEREST




GARH PALACE






This beautiful palace is situated in the centre of the town. Built in between 1838-1854 A.D. by Maharaja Madan Singh and his successors. Beautiful paintings were later on added inside the rooms. Some exquisite paintings and mirrors on the walls of 'Zanan Khana' are of particular interest.

BHAWANI NATYA SHALA






Constructed by Maharaja Bhawani Singh in 1921, the Natya Shala lies in the premises of the Garh Palace. It was a popular Parsi theatre (opera style) built for the performance of plays and other cultural events. It gives a good insight into the art of theatre of that period.

JHALRAPATAN



Jhalrapatan, known as the city of bells, is an ancient walled town, founded by Jhala Zalim Singh in 1796 A.D. It is at the same place where the ancient town of Chandrawati was founded by Parmar Raja Chandrasen and later on ravaged by invaders. The entire town lived within the confines of a wall to protect the trade caravans from Pindaris, as Jhalrapatan happed to be one of the junctions of the caravan route.


The 10th century Sun Temple (Padma Nabh Temple) is the pride of Jhalrapatan. It is one of the best examples of temple architecture with lovely sculptures. Inside the temple, there is idol of Lord Vishnu.

Another temple, Shantinath Jain Temple was built in the 11th century and is known for its sculptures and such monuments.

Shri Dwarkadhish temple, built by Raja Zalim Singh in 1796 A.D. is another important temple in this town. Close to this temple, you can see a wide variety of herbal plants at the "Herbal Garden".

Navlakha fort situated on Jhalawar-Jhalrapatan road is also worth a visit.


CHANDRABHAGA TEMPLE




This temple is located on the banks of the Chandrabhaga river, just outside the old city. The complex has beautiful temples, some dating as far back as the 7th century. The Chandramoulishwar Mahadeo temple provides a great insight into temple architecture of that era. The carved pillars, arched gateways and exquisite workmanship make these temples look outstanding.

GAGRON FORT




It is an example of a 'Jal Durg', or Water Fort - out of the nine 'Durgs' (forts) mentioned in the Shastras (the ancient sculptures). The foundation of this impregnable, magnificent fort was laid in the 7th century. It is surrounded on three sides by the waters of Ahu and Kali Sindh rivers and provides a breathtaking view from its ramparts. Outside the fort is a Durgah of Sufi Saint Mitheshah, where a fair is held every year during the Islamic month of Moharram. Nearby is a monastery of Saint Pipa, a contemporary of Saint Kabir.

GAVDI HUTS


En-route to its newly built railway station, near mama-bhanja chouraha, you will find these cottages built near gavdi talab, which provide tourists a pleasant view of natural beauty. This Gavdi Talab Hotel is maintained by RTDC, owned by Government of Rajasthan.