Saturday, March 23, 2019

Sirohi District


Sirohi District at a Glance

General
·         District:                       Sirohi
·         Headquarters:            Sirohi
·         State:                         Rajasthan
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011) 
·         Total:                          5136
·         Rural:                         5013
·         Urban:                        123
Population (Census 2011) 
·         Population:                 1,036,346
·         Rural:                         827,692
·         Urban:                        208,654
·         Male:                          534,231
·         Female:                      502,115
·         Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males):          940
·         Density (Total, Persons per sq km):              202
Constituencies (ECI) 
·         Assembly:      3
·         Lok Sabha:    0

Sirohi District is a district of Rajasthan state in western India. The City of Sirohi is the district headquarters and the largest city of the district. Abu Road is the industrial town of Sirohi District. As of 2011 it is the third least populous district of Rajasthan (out of 33), after Jaisalmer and Pratapgarh.
In 1948, Sirohi was taken over by Bombay State from 5 January 1949 to 25 January 1950. In 1950, Sirohi was given to Rajasthan. At that time an area of 787 km2. consisting of Abu Road tehsil and a part of Delwara tehsil was merged with the then Bombay state, but it was returned to Sirohi district of Rajasthan State on 1 November 1956.




PLACES OF INTEREST

AMBESHWAR JI (KOLARGARH) TEMPLE




A place about six miles north of Sirohi on a side track of the National Highway No. 14 from Sirohi to Sheoganj is famous for Goddess Amba Ji temple. The kolargarh is situated towards eastern side at a distance of 2 Km. the relics of old fort on Ganesh pole can be seen here. There is a Dharamshala, a Jain temple, Laxmi Narayan temple, Shiv temple and Gorakhmath situated. On the hill after climbing 400 steps an ancient temple of Lord Shiv with its natural beauty and marvelous surroundings with waterfalls can be seen. The whole area is part of Siranwa hills and beautiful dense forest with admirable fauna and flora can be enjoyed. It is said that the relics of the old city and Fort of Kolar is of Parmar reign.
JIRAVAL TEMPLE

In the series of the main traditional Jain Pilgrimages, the Jiraval has its own importance. This important temple is situated in the middle of the Jairaj Hill on the Aravali Ranges. The Jiraval temple is very primitive and ancient. The temple is surrounded by the Dharmshalas and beautiful buildings. The importance of this temple is unique because all over world installation of Jain temples are made with the name of this temple OM HRIM SHRI JIRAVALA PARSHAVNATHAY NAMAH. The main temple and its kala-mandap are surrounded 72 Dev kulikas, its structure and architect is of nagar style of temple architecture. Here all facilities exist for religious tourists.

MIRPUR TEMPLE

Mirpur temple is considered to be the oldest marble monument of Rajasthan. It served as a model for Delwara and Ranakpur temples. It is depicted in world encyclopaedia art.
This temple is mentioned as being built by Raja Samprati in a composition entitled “Virvanshavali”.
The temple is of Rajput age of 9th century. Its platform is like that of Ranakpur. Its carving can be matched with the pillars and parikrama of Delwara and Ranakpur temples. The temple is dedicated to Lord Parshavnath, the 23rd Tirthankar of Jains. The temple was destroyed by Mahmood Begda of Gujarat in 13th century and was rebuilt and renovated in 15th century.

SARVADHARM TEMPLE

Sarvadharm Temple is dedicated to all religions of the world. It is located at Sirohi and is one km far from the circuit house of Sirohi. The site, temple architecture and layout of the landscape is phenomenal. Trees of religious importance like Rudraksh, Kalpvriksh, Kunj, Harsingar, Belpatra (tree and scraper) are planted here. Saffron plantation is also seen here. The main attraction of this temple is the idols of various gods placed around, inside and top of the temple. This temple can be considered as a monument of the modern century which provides the feeling of National Integration and Harmony.

TEMPLE STREET

Eighteen Jain temples are situated in one single row form the temple street. Some temples are magnificent, huge and important from the architect view point. The highest temple is Chaumukha is dedicated to ADINATH, the first Tirthankar of Jain. The Structure of this temple is similar to Ranakpur standing on pillars. It is situated on western slope of the Siranwa hills and represented by 78 feet high shikhar (pinnacle).
The temple can be seen from very far distance from Sirohi. Sitting on the highest top of the temple, the scene of sun-set, the natural beauty of the fields and landscape of the Sirohi city and nearby locations can be enjoyed.

DELWARA TEMPLES


The Dilwara Temples are world famous Jain pilgrimage place known for the amazing use of marble. They are located about 2.5 kilometers away from Mount Abu, the only hill station in Rajasthan. The temples were built between 11th and 13th Century when Mount Abu was just a remote mountain area. These are considered to be among the most beautiful Jain pilgrimage sites in the world. The architecture of the temples reflects frugality and honesty, the famous Jain values.


These temples are considered to be close to perfection in terms of architecture. The attractively carved minute details on doorways, pillars, ceilings and panels are simply amazing.
There are total five temples, each having its own uniqueness. These five temples are named after the villages they are located in.
ACHALGARH FORT

Situated at a distance of 11 km from Mount Abu, Achalagarh Fort was built under the reign of the Paramara dynasty. Later it was renovated by Maharana Kumbha in 1452 CE. The fort was made with the purpose of keeping an eye on enemy movements.
There is a famous Shiv temple, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple and Mandakini Lake within the complex of fort. In the center of Achaleshwar Mahadev there is a sculptured image of Nandi (the white bull on which Lord Shiva rides) which is made of 5 metals: bronze, gold, zinc, copper & brass.

NAKKI LAKE

Amidst the green Aravali hills lies the beautiful and shimmering Naki Lake. This picture perfect lake is surrounded by mountains, gardens and rock formations. The monsoon season is the best time to enjoy the enchanting views of this pool with your loved ones. It is the only Indian artificial lake which is situated at a height of 1200 km above sea level.


As per legend, this lake was made by deities by using nakhs or nails. That is why it is famous by the name of Nakki Lake. Go for boating on this lake, and come back with memories which you will cherish throughout your life.

Sriganganagar District


Sriganganagar District at a Glance


General
·         District:                       Sri Ganganagar
·         Headquarters:            Sri Ganganagar
·         State:                         Rajasthan
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011) 
·         Total:                          10,978
·         Rural:                         10,880
·         Urban:                        98
Population (Census 2011) 
·         Population:                 1,969,168
·         Rural:                         1,433,736
·         Urban:                        535,432
·         Male:                          1,043,340
·         Female:                      925,828
·         Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males):          887
·         Density (Total, Persons per sq km):              179
Constituencies (ECI) 
·         Assembly:      6
·         Lok Sabha:    1

Sri Ganganagar District is located between Latitude 28.4 to 30.6 and Longitude 72.2 to 75. The total area of Sri Ganganagar is 11,154.66 km² or 1,115,466 hectares. It is surrounded on the east by Hanumangarh District, (Hanumangarh district was carved out of it on 12 July 1994) on the south by Bikaner District, and on the west by Bahawalnagar district of the Pakistani Punjab and on the north by the Punjab.



PLACES OF INTEREST

Gurudwara Budhha Johad Sahib


The historical Gurudwara of Buddha Johad, the great religious shrine of the Sikhs,  is situated 75 Km. away to the south-west of  Sri Ganganagar. This is a place where Bhai Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh brought the head of Massa Rangarh (guilty of sacrilege of the Amritsar Golden Temple) and hung it on a tree on August 11, 1740. This huge Gurudwara has 22 pillars at every floor. There are 140 rooms adjacent to the gurudwara for the lodging of tourists. Apart from many other buildings, there is a small library also which preserves the portraits of Sikh martyrs. Water to the holy pond (johad) of the gurudwara is supplied from the Gang Canal.

Suratgarh Super Critical Thermal Power Station



The Suratgarh Super Critical Thermal Power Station is an electricity production project that is maintained by the Rajasthan Rajya Vidhyut Utpadan Nigam Limited. It is Rajasthan’s foremost super thermal power station. This station has been successful in controlling pollution and maintaining balance of atmospheric emissions in the environment. Suratgarh super thermal power station is located 27 km from Suratgarh -15 km from Suratgarh to Biradhwal on NH 15, then 12 km in the east from NH 15.
The plant received a gold shield on August 8, 2004 from the Hon'ble President of India for consistently outstanding performance during the years 2000 to 2004.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Tonk District


Tonk District at a Glance

General
·         District:                       Tonk
·         Headquarters:            Tonk
·         State:                                     Rajasthan
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011) 
·         Total:              7194
·         Rural:             6952
·         Urban:            242
Population (Census 2011) 
·         Population:     1,421,326
·         Rural:             1,103,603
·         Urban:            317,723
·         Male:              728,136
·         Female:          693,190
·         Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males):          952
·         Density (Total, Persons per sq km)   :           198
Constituencies (ECI) 
·         Assembly:      4
·         Lok Sabha:    1

Tonk District is a district of the state of Rajasthan in western India. The city of Tonk is the administrative headquarters of the district. The district is bounded on the north by Jaipur district, on the east by Sawai Madhopur district, on the southeast by Kota district, on the south by Bundi district, on the southwest by Bhilwara district, and on the west by Ajmer district.
Tonk is located 96 Km. away from Jaipur. This is a quiet town which was ruled by 'Pathans' from Afghanistan. The focal point of Tonk is the Suneri Kothi, the Golden Bungalow. A fairly ordinary looking monument from outside, it has stunningly rich ornamental interiors. There are some interesting buildings that accommodated the British office. Tonk is also famous for its leather and felt industry and one can pick up a good bargain from the markets. The Nawab of Tonk was an avid book lover and built a sizable library of Arabic and Persian manuscripts. The Arabic and Persian Research Institute is also located here.

PLACES OF INTEREST

Arabic & Persian Research Institute


Arabic Persian Research Institute in Tonk is the premier Indian Institute engaged in promotion and furtherance of Arabic and Persian studies. This institute was established by the Government of Rajasthan in 1978 with the objective of preserving and conserving the sources of Persian and Arabic Manuscripts available in Rajasthan.
Some of the important and historical manuscripts are displayed in a separate hall with the name of “Display Hall”. Namda Calligraphy, the art of charming photography, collection of postage stamps etc. are displayed in and art Gallery started in 2002. Calligraphy on human hair, pulse, rice and sesame along with the lines written inside the transparent glass bottles are main attractions for many visitors.

SUNHERI KOTHI, TONK


Sunheri Kothi (Mansion of Gold) is a magnificent hall in the city of Tonk in the Indian state of Rajasthan.
The hall in within the old palace complex, white walls and ceilings are one sumptuous expanse of enamel mirror-work, gilt and painted glass illuminated through stained-glass windows. The entire effect is that of an exquisite piece of enamel jewellery blown up to the size of a hall.
It is said that, it was built by Nawab Mohammed Ibrahim Ali Khan (1867-1930), the Nawab of Tonk, for poetry recitals, dance, and music.

HATHI BHATA


Situated 30 kilometers from Tonk- Sawai Madhopur Highway, the Hathi Bhata Tonk Rajasthan is one of the beautiful monuments in Rajasthan India. Carved out from a single stone this is a stone elephant which attracts tourists from all over to this place. Indianholiday.com offers online information on Hathi Bhata, Tonk Rajasthan and other tourist attractions of Rajasthan and other parts of India.
Located in the dry and arid zones of Rajasthan, Tonk is a little district in Rajasthan. The Tonk is the administrative headquarters of the state. Bounded by Jaipur and Sawai Madhopur Tonk is one of the biggest producers of sandstone.

BISALDEO TEMPLE & BISALPUR DAM






Bisalpur or Vigrahapura was founded by the Chahamana ruler Vigraharaja IV in the twelfth century A.D. Bisalpur was preceded by a still older city called Vanapura, which seems to have been ruled by the Takshakas (Nagas) of Todarai Singh. The importance of Bisalpur is due to its temple of Gokarnesvara, also known as Bisal Deoji’s temple, constructed by Vigraharaja IV or Visala, who was a devotee of Gokarna. The temple (22.20 m x 15.30 m) has a pancharatha sanctum, antarala, square mandapa and portico with sikhara. The sanctum enshrines a linga. The temple surmounted by a hemispherical dome, is supported on eight tall pillars carved on the lower section with floral festoons, chain-and-bell, and circular medallions. There are several short inscriptions which record the visit of pilgrims from time to time. The earliest of these is dated A.D. 1154-65 and the inscription is important for mentioning the Chahamana chief Prithviraja III.

Temple of Bisaldeo

Udaipur District (Rajasthan)

Udaipur District at a Glance
General
·         District:                       Udaipur
·         Headquarters:            Udaipur
·         State:                                     Rajasthan
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011) 
·         Total:                          11724
·         Rural:                         11543
·         Urban:                        181
Population (Census 2011) 
·         Population:                 3,068,420
·         Rural:                         2,459,994
·         Urban:                        608,426
·         Male:                          1,566,801
·         Female:                      1,501,619
·         Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males):          958
·         Density (Total, Persons per sq km):              262
Constituencies (ECI) 
·         Assembly:      8
·         Lok Sabha:    1

Udaipur district is one of the 33 districts of Rajasthan state in western India. The historic city of Udaipur is the administrative headquarters of the district. The district is part of the Mewar region of Rajasthan.
Udaipur district is bounded on the northwest by the Aravalli Range, across which lie the districts of Sirohi and Pali. It is bounded on the north by Rajsamand District, on the east by Chittaurgarh District and Pratapgarh District, on the south by Dungarpur District, and on the southwest by the state of Gujarat.


PLACES OF INTEREST

Lake Fateh Sagar



Fateh Sagar Lake is an artificial lake which is located in Udaipur. It was constructed in 1678 A.D. and was named after Maharana Fateh Singh. It is situated north-west to Udaipur and in the north of Lake Pichola.
There are three islands around the boundaries of Fateh Sagar Lake out of which Nehru Park is the largest. It is spread over 4 sq km area. Another island is constructed as a public park and houses a beautiful water fountain. It is spread in around 15 acre of land. The third island is the Udaipur Solar Observatory and is spread across 1.2 sq km.


Lake Pichola




Lake Pichola is a fresh water lake which was constructed in 1362 A.D by Maharana Udai Singh of Mewar. It was named after a nearby village, Picholi. It has developed a lot in the last few centuries and it is one of the most famous tourist attractions of the city. On Lake Pichola, there are four islands namely Jag Niwas, Jag Mandir, Mohan Mandir and Arsi Vilas.

Dudh Talai






Dudh Talai Lake is a small lake situated adjacent to Lake Pichola, near the Shiv Niwas Palace (Residence of Maharana Fateh Singh). The lake is surrounded by hills.  Manikya Lal Verma Garden (Musical Fountain Garden) and Deen Dayal Upadhyay Park are very close to Dudh Talai and serve as a spot for tourists to visit and enjoy the scenic view.

Saheliyon-ki-Badi



Saheliyon-ki-Badi is a round-the-year favorite destination of tourists coming to Udaipur. This “Lok-Priya” - favorite of the public - garden was created at the orders of the Maharana Sangram Singh-II (r:1710-1734) around ~1717 for his daughters - Sabbai Kunwar, Roop Kunwar & Brij Kunwar and their cousins (sisters) of extended family & same-age girls (Friends) of nobles.


Sajjangarh



Sajjangarh fort, also known as ‘Monsoon Palace’, is a grand fort situated at the hilltop of Udaipur. It was built by Maharana Sajjan Singh in 1874 A.D. Sajjan Singh had built this palace to watch his ancestral home in Chittorgarh and see the monsoon clouds, and hence, the place got its name as ‘Monsoon Palace’. The palace is presently under the ownership of the forest department of Government of Rajasthan and is open for tourists. One can experience the scenic view of the whole city from this place.


Manikya Lal Verma Park


This is a beautiful park located on the hill known as 'Machla Magra. The place is known for its sunset point. A small pond known as DudhTalai is also situated down the hill. The place abounds in scenic beauty. The park is exemplary specimen of modern architecture art. While standing in the park one can view Jag Mandir, Lale Pichhola, City Palace and Udaipur city, which look more attractive and charmful. There are steps constructed to reach the garden, as well as a separate road for vehicles. On the top of the Machhla Magra, Karni Mata can also be seen. The idol of the Goddess is constructed in white stone. This park is developed by the Municipal Council of Udaipur.


City Palace Udaipur


Another must-visit place in Udaipur for tourists, The City Palace, is a royal residence which was constructed over a period of more than 400 years. Several rulers of Mewar contributed in the development of the palace complex. Its construction was initiated by Maharana Udai Singh in 1553 A.D. The City Palace is located near Lake Pichola and has a number of small palaces and temples within its boundary namely Jag Mandir, Lake Palace, Jagdish Temple, Neemach Mata Temple and Monsoon palace.

The palace stands among the largest palaces in Rajasthan and is famous for its Rajasthani and Mughal architecture.  It is situated on the hilltop and hence, a picturesque view of the city from this spot can be seen.